Welland Medical specialise in the design, development and manufacture of stoma care pouches and accessories. They were relocating into a purpose-made factory including a 6,500m2 building for manufacturing use, and 1,860m2 of ancillary office floor space spread over 3 floors.
Priory were employed to review and propose a scheme and cost plan to install a mechanical system.
This was a highly complex project and we agreed some basic principles with the client at the outset of the project:
– The systems were to be as simple as possible.
– The near-continuous production operation required reliable equipment capable of withstanding continuous usage.
– The working space needed allow for reasonable conditions for staff. – This would also allow for satisfactory conditions for the production equipment.
– Production required low-draught conditions. This would be covered by providing reasonable comfort conditions.
– The systems needed to have as low a running cost as possible.
– The work should allow for potential future expansion.
Read more about the detail of this complex design and build project here: https://lnkd.in/dBsbV87